Hi sweet friends! I’m sure it seems like I fell off the face of the planet, but I promise you I’m still here! You see, we moved and life has been just a little bit (or a lot a bit!) crazy for the past few months. I thought it was high time I filled you in on everything that’s been going on.
We put our house on the market thinking we had at least a few months worth of showings ahead of us. But to our great surprise, our house sold in 4 days. It’s been a whirlwind of trying to find a house, having a dream farmhouse fall through and ending up in the perfect house for our family to stay in for the long haul. (Psst…the picture above is of our house we recently sold.)
The house we purchased actually is about 80 square feet smaller than our last house. I’ll get into more of the reasons we decided to downsize in a future post, but let’s just say we couldn’t be happier with our decision. This house fits us perfectly.
While we absolutely love our home, it’s been taking up every single bit of time we have. We’ve been dealing with some serious grading issues along with some major landscape projects! It’s been fun, but exhausting. 🙂
I promise to try and get back into my blogging groove again. I’ve been telling my husband that blogging is kind of like exercise. Once you fall out of habit, it’s so hard to get back into the rhythm of working on it regularly.
So what can you expect from The Simply Organized Home in the coming months?
- I will still be sharing all about organizing our home and life, how we keep things minimal and decluttered, and how we are continuously working on simplifying our lives in this new home and space.
- I will also be sharing about some house projects we’ve been working on both indoors and out. You may see some DIYs in the future along with how we are doing everything around our new house on a serious budget!
- I will probably be doing a house tour shortly. With that being said, know that my house isn’t Pinterest worthy! I still don’t have things on the walls in several rooms! 🙂 This is my real life and I’m going to share it with you. I also think it will be fun to see the changes we make in this home over the years.
- I will of course be sharing about our reasons behind why we downsized to a smaller house that we are considering our forever home.
- You will see me sharing some more cleaning and home management routine posts. That’s where my blogging roots started and I of course want to tell you all about how things are going in our new home.
I’m super excited to be back to blogging and sharing all about how simple organizing your home really can be!